What are some foods that do not irritate the gallbladder?
Easily digestible foods
You can pretty much eat anything that doesn’t have too many seasonings and is easy to digest. Losing your gallbladder means the digestive process has been altered so that bile is not being properly distributed throughout your digestive tract. For this reason, you might not be able to digest any greasy foods or fats quickly and thus eating such foods may cause indigestion and bloating. You should drink milk if you aren’t lactose intolerant and lots of water. Home-made fruit juice may also help and it also carries large amounts of necessary vitamins that your body needs to stay strong. Soup, or more specifically Chicken Broth, can also help you stay on your feet while your body adapts to not having a gallbladder.
If that’s not enough, here is a list of helpful foods you should try:
- Fish (Steamed fish, not fried)
- Vegetables (Lettuce, green beans, etc)
- Apple, Pears, Papaya – any fruit that is easily digestable
- Green beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Grapes and fresh organic grape juice
If you have any more suggestions on what foods have worked for you, leave your comments below. Thank you.
Incoming search terms:
- foods that irritate gallbladder
- foods that irritate the gallbladder
- what foods irritate the gallbladder
- foods easy on gallbladder
- foods that are easy on the gallbladder
- food list after gallbladder surgery
- what foods irritate gallbladder
- foods that aggravate gallbladder
- what irritates the gallbladder
- list of foods that irritate gallbladder